Dear Reader

Not a bookselling site - just a place where I can chat about what I've been reading lately.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

speaking of community college...

I've been grumpy about the lack of teen novels that feature characters who go to community college. But last weekend I got a few advance copies of books, and one of them (Laurie Halse Anderson's Prom) featured a character in community college! And some average students! I was surprised and pleased.
I also read Lauren Myracle's Rhymes with witches. It's not Mean Girls, it's not Flowers for Algernon, and it's not The Chocolate War, but I can see why the book invited comparisons to that movie and those books. I was really hooked while I was reading, impressed directly after I finished, and filled with doubts about plot points three days later. In particular, I'm dying to know: could the *itches steal each other's popularity?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home