Dear Reader

Not a bookselling site - just a place where I can chat about what I've been reading lately.

Monday, November 22, 2004

a fifty item limit

Last night a friend of mine quite reasonably suggested that I read a Kurt Vonnegut book (can't remember which one). I snapped that that wouldn't happen, which was rude and (from his point of view) out of the blue. So later on, I tried to figure out my snappishness about such a mild suggestion.
My library allows one to check out 50 items at once. I can't remember the last time I didn't have my card maxed out. More to the point, I have a pile of books on hold for me at my desk at work; as soon as I return a book, I check out another from that pile. Thankfully, a lot of them are quick reads!
Also I have about 75 books in a to-read pile at home (not Library books). So yeah, I feel - not quite overwhelmed, but whelmed, and resistant to casual book suggestions.
Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home