Dear Reader

Not a bookselling site - just a place where I can chat about what I've been reading lately.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Wintle's Wonders/Dancing Shoes

I've been re-reading my beloved (and very beat-up) copy of Dancing Shoes by Noel Streatfeild. It's one of the first books I remember getting as a gift. Before my family took a long car trip, my mom took my sisters and I to the bookstore and let us choose several books each. This was a huge deal, because my parents spent as little money as possible. So I bought Ballet Shoes, Dancing Shoes (Wintle's Wonders), Theatre Shoes (Curtain Up) and Skating Shoes (White Boots). Dancing Shoes is my favorite; I've read it so many times that it's missing a few pages (111-114). It really is a Cinderella story - Streatfeild's best wish-fulfillment tale.
I don't remember the trip at all, but I smile every time I see those four beat-up books, with my wobbly handwriting inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home