Dear Reader

Not a bookselling site - just a place where I can chat about what I've been reading lately.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Feiwel & Friends

What is with Feiwel and Friends? A friend just sent me a story saying that Ann M. Martin and a descendant of Betty MacDonald will be reviving the Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle series next year. Why Ann M. Martin? Why add a romantic plot line? Why revive a series that had a - let's face it - problematic approach to child raising in the first place?
I find it impossible to believe that Ann M. Martin is hard up for ideas. But here's the kicker: this is the second blog post I've written in the last month about an unnecessary book series revival, and Feiwel & Friends has been behind both of them. Odd.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger DearReader said...

I've been thinking more about this today, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Feiwel & Friends is publishing these safe (if creatively empty) bets so that they can afford to take chances on more interesting books from newer authors. Or perhaps it's a favor to long-established authors, though I'd be astonished if Meg Cabot really wants to write more about the Thermopolis family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home