Dear Reader

Not a bookselling site - just a place where I can chat about what I've been reading lately.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

bracing myself for the awards

The Newbery/Caldecotts/etc. are announced in about 9 hours. Please, please, Newbery committee, please have some common sense and don't reward the condescending little Wonder. If, however, you want to give Sheinkin's Bomb an Honor, I'd be okay with that - better that you give Bomb an award than that the Sibert committee does. I'm just not comfortable with some of the details that Sheinkin fictionalized. And yes, I know, they're details, but they're fictionalized in nonfiction, and that just isn't on.
There's an award for the best teen book by a first-time novelist. I very much hope Personal Effects gets it. I even sent in a nomination - the first one I can remember sending for any award, ever. Fingers crossed for morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home